SwiftConf is an international conference for Cocoa and Swift Developers, in the beautiful city of Cologne. We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all attendees, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We invite all of you to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all conference attendees:
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert community leaders if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- Remember that conference venues may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our community:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Sustained disruption of conference, including talks and presentations.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any conference attendee, including sponsors and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If an attendee engages in unacceptable behavior, we may take any action deemed appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the conference without warning and without a refund.
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please contact the staff on site or get in touch with us using our contact page.
Additionally, conference organizers are available to help attendees engage with local law enforcement or to otherwise help those experiencing unacceptable behavior feel safe. In the context of in-person events, organizers will also provide escorts as desired by the person experiencing distress.
We expect all conference attendees (contributors, paid or otherwise; sponsors; and other guests) to abide by this Code of Conduct in all conference venues, online and in-person as well as in all one-on-one communications.
This code of conduct and its related procedures also applies to unacceptable behavior occurring outside the scope of conference activities when such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of conference attendees.
License and attribution
This Code of Conduct is based on the Citizen Code of Conduct and is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.